Microsoft Compatibility Pack: Since the release of the Microsoft Compatibility Pack which has added the new Office Open XML formats with its running version 2007 and 2010.
Microsoft Office programs, users are facing issue while opening and then saving files with this format. This new format has been added to the Microsoft Office with its three basic applications, i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. However, if you face any issue while opening a file that doesn’t mean that there is any kind of Error.
Simply you need to install this Microsoft Compatibility pack and get the work started.
The main service of compatibility pack is to provide a facility to a user to open edit and save the office files by the use of file formatting in advance versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The computer which has Microsoft Office XP programs, Microsoft Office 2000 programs, and Microsoft Office 2003 programs, the pack can be installed.
If you are going to download or install the same compatibility pack with the Office XP or 2003, just to make it sure that the already installed version of Microsoft Office and the Windows operating system is up to date. To check and update, follow these steps:
· Windows 7 or Vista
- Follow the path
Start -> All Programs -> Windows Update
- Run the Microsoft update to ensure that your operating system and other programs are up to date. If not, you will be prompted to install the updates.
- Click Install
- Provide the admin password, if asked
· Windows XP
- Open the URL for Microsoft update
- Click Express to allow Microsoft update check whether your system is up to date or not
- If it is not updated, you will be asked for the same; click Install
After the update gets complete, go with the below-mentioned steps:
· Download the Microsoft Compatibility Pack
- Open the link
- On the webpage, you will see a button labeled as “Download”
· Installing the Microsoft Compatibility Pack
- Click Run on the downloaded setup
- Enter the administrator password, when asked
- Accept the terms and condition of the “Microsoft Software License Terms” and click Continue
- Click Ok and it will begin installing the compatibility pack
- Click Ok at the last step and it’s done
- Click Run twice and then accept the “Microsoft Software License Terms”
- Click Ok and the pack will be installed in few minutes
- Click OK after the processing completes
Once the installation of the Microsoft Compatibility pack is completed, Now you can open and save the files in the latest versions of Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. If you unsuccessful with the above mentioned steps of processes, contact Microsoft Office customer support team and get an instant solution.
About us :
Garry, he has been making the people aware of the security threats from so long to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He does write for Microsoft Office Products at office.com/setup.