Microsoft office package consists of different type of applications which we used in our daily work routine. We can see people are using it at home as well as in the office. So as per the need, Microsoft released the different version of its product from time to time. It keeps on updating the features in its packages that why new version always have better features than the previous one. In the package, there are several application like word, excel, powerpoint and outlook which helps you to finish a variety of work with data maintenance. Microsoft has released so many versions starting from the office 1.0 to office 365. In this blog, we are going to differentiate between the office 365 and office 2016. Both the products have different applications and offers different services except a few one.
Difference Between Office 365 and Office 2016
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is totally a cloud-based office solution provided by the Microsoft Office for all the users worldwide. With its paid version, users can install it on their computer from official website link Office.com/Setup 365. It allows you to take the access to the cloud services and its various other features as well. It has a number of applications and can be installed from anywhere and you can store the data in a specific location, which can be accessible from anywhere in the world.
- In order to purchase the Office 365 for your computer, you need to have a Microsoft Account to gain access or to install Office 365.
- Depending on your office plan, Office 365 lets you work in the cloud or locally.
What is Office 2016?
Office 2016 is the most recent and very popular product of the Microsoft’s as desktop office suite that allow you to take access of the other application like OneDrive for cloud storage. With Office 2016, you will get other applications as well such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher. For installation visit Office.com/Setup2016. These application you can install as individual applications or as per your wish, if you do not want to install full package.
- The software consists of a full package and is able to do any task.
- Microsoft Office 2019 Release
- How to Install Microsoft Office on Windows 10?
The difference in Features and Applications
- Office 365 home user version comes with access all the application on cloud consists of Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and OneNote. Office 365 include other cloud services as well like OneDrive and Skype, whereas Office 2016 do not have access to Skype as part of the offering.
- Talking about the apps, Access, and Publisher, they are only available with Office 2016 as a desktop installation.
- If you wish to have services like Yammer, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams then you need to subscribed with the Office 365 business product whereas Office 2016 does not provide any such services. So, choose any of the version as per your requirement.
If we look at their compatibility with the different browsers, Office 365 applications can be accessed from a browser which can be run from multiple devices. It includes PCs, Macs, Android and Apple devices. On the other side, Office 2016 is accessed through the desktop version and does not require any browser support.
Office 365 users usually work with Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge as it works best with these browsers. It supports all the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (on Mac only).
for more information visit: office.com/setup