Microsoft has introduced many new features with latest updates in its Windows10 operating system. Windows 10 is the new and very unique with latest technology Windows as compared to its previous versions. Microsoft has added a Gaming Mode within its setting panel where the Gaming a new function is located. Game Mode is entirely a different setup introduce by the Microsoft with which you can change the entire setting of the computer system as per the game requirements. It helps to run the game smoothly on the computer.
The gamer’s mode is designed to convert the entire computer into a game zone. So you will get the same experience like which you feel in the Apple Games. But it has limitations to which make the impact on the computer processing unit. The disadvantage is that for paying in such a mode the computer will use a high CPU usage to run a game. The other running unwanted process will automatically be closed or stopped until you are playing game under the game mode. The unwanted process refers to the random access memory, scans by Antivirus, etc. which might be helpful sometimes, while the user is on the gaming mode on computer.
If the gaming mode has turned off these unwanted processes, then there will be a risk of viruses and malware to attack your computer system. So what will you do to prevent the situation? Well, if you are disabling the game mode will be the only solution in this situation, so if you don’t know how to enable or disable the Game Mode, then follow the steps mentioned below.
How to disable or enable the Game Mode in Windows 10
- Press Windows key + I and open the Settings app of Windows.
- Now, you will an option called Gaming.
- Go to the option and click to open it up.
- Now, select Game Mode from the left window pane.
- You can see the toggle button under Use Game Mode in the right pane.
- Now, you can turn on or off the Game Mode in your Windows 10 computer system.
- Now run any game on the computer.
- Press Windows key + G key combination to display the game bar.
- Now, click the gear icon in the game bar.
- Click the General tab and check mark Use Game Mode for this game.
- Game Mode will turn on for this particular game.
- If you wish to disable the Game Mode, then deselect Use Game Mode for this game.
Now, you have learned to activate and deactivate the Game Mode in the Windows 10 system, you can easily turn on Game Mode while playing a particular game and when you are done with the playing it, disable the Game Mode to prevent the CPU usage and resume the temporarily stopped processes.
Garry, he has been making people aware of security threats from so long, to make the internet a safer place to browse on. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, Antivirus, malware, social networking, internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at office.com/setup.